Updated May 5, 2014 - 10:01 am
Fiesta Bowl names Mike Nealy as new executive director
Nealy, 48, has served as the president and chief operating officer of the Phoenix Coyotes since July of 2010 and has been with the organization for eight years.
Nealy will oversee the community-based Fiesta Bowl organization, which operates the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl and numerous other events.
"The Fiesta Bowl is a great source of pride for Arizonans and I am excited about the opportunity to lead this wonderful organization," Nealy said in a statement. "I look forward to helping the Fiesta Bowl evolve and reach new heights as it transitions into the first year of the College Football Playoff."
Nealy will take office immediately. He takes over for Robert Shelton, who resigned in January after two and a half years on the job.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.