Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 11:29 am
ASU AD Patterson: 'Working on' bringing Final Four to Phoenix
But one thing the state has yet to see is an NCAA Final Four.
ASU Athletic Director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that he plans to change that.
"You know, we're working on that," Patterson said. "You don't need a trench coat in Phoenix."
Every year, at the Final Four, the NCAA gets together to discuss future locations for the national tournament. Patterson stated Phoenix will definitely be a place he intends to propose.
"There going to be putting together the bids for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020," Patterson said. "So we want to be in that process and try to bring the Final Four to the Valley of the Sun."
If the Final Four did come to Phoenix, it would likely be played at University of Phoenix Stadium, which was the location of the 2009 regional round.
Since 1975, Arizona has hosted the opening round of the NCAA tournament 16 times, while hosting the regionals seven times with the most recent coming last year at U.S. Airways Center.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.