Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 11:29 am
ASU AD Patterson: 'Working on' bringing Final Four to Phoenix
But one thing the state has yet to see is an NCAA Final Four.
ASU Athletic Director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf that he plans to change that.
"You know, we're working on that," Patterson said. "You don't need a trench coat in Phoenix."
Every year, at the Final Four, the NCAA gets together to discuss future locations for the national tournament. Patterson stated Phoenix will definitely be a place he intends to propose.
"There going to be putting together the bids for 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020," Patterson said. "So we want to be in that process and try to bring the Final Four to the Valley of the Sun."
If the Final Four did come to Phoenix, it would likely be played at University of Phoenix Stadium, which was the location of the 2009 regional round.
Since 1975, Arizona has hosted the opening round of the NCAA tournament 16 times, while hosting the regionals seven times with the most recent coming last year at U.S. Airways Center.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.