Updated Mar 7, 2012 - 6:41 pm
UA guard Josiah Turner suspended indefinitely
Head coach Sean Miller announced Wednesday that freshman guard Josiah Turner has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules, and won't play in the Pac-12 Tournament.
"I am disappointed in Josiah for his actions. Unfortunately this suspension comes at a time of great excitement and opportunity for our team," Miller said in a statement released Wednesday evening.
"However, the standards of our program will not be compromised under any circumstances. Hopefully, Josiah will learn a valuable lesson."
Turner, a highly-touted guard from Sacramento, played in 29 games (17 starts) this season for the Wildcats, and averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists.
Miller also suspended Turner for a single game in December at Florida, which the Wildcats lost 78-72. Fellow freshman Sidiki Johnson was first suspended then dismissed by Miller after seeing playing time in only three games.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.