Updated Mar 7, 2012 - 6:41 pm
UA guard Josiah Turner suspended indefinitely
Head coach Sean Miller announced Wednesday that freshman guard Josiah Turner has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules, and won't play in the Pac-12 Tournament.
"I am disappointed in Josiah for his actions. Unfortunately this suspension comes at a time of great excitement and opportunity for our team," Miller said in a statement released Wednesday evening.
"However, the standards of our program will not be compromised under any circumstances. Hopefully, Josiah will learn a valuable lesson."
Turner, a highly-touted guard from Sacramento, played in 29 games (17 starts) this season for the Wildcats, and averaged 6.8 points and 2.4 assists.
Miller also suspended Turner for a single game in December at Florida, which the Wildcats lost 78-72. Fellow freshman Sidiki Johnson was first suspended then dismissed by Miller after seeing playing time in only three games.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.