Wildcats land Duquesne transfer McConnell
Or at least so it would seem.
Head coach Sean Miller's 2012 recruiting class is already ranked as the top collection of incoming talent in the country by many publications. Tuesday, the Arizona basketball program added another weapon to their arsenal for the future by adding guard T.J. McConnell, who will transfer to Tucson from Duquesne University.
Duquesne transfer T.J. McConnell has chosen Arizona over #UVa.— David Teel (@DavidTeelatDP) April 10, 2012
McConnell, a 6-1 guard from Pittsburgh (Miller's old stomping ground), averaged 11.9 points per game as a sophomore and shot .432 from three-point range for the Dukes, who finished their season with a 16-15 record.
As a freshman in 2010-11, McConnell averaged just under 11 points, 3.8 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 2.8 steals per game while being named the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year.
McConnell was also considering Virginia and must sit out next season in accordance with NCAA transfer rules. He has two seasons of eligibility remaining.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a