UA basketball player arrested in assault case
Tucson police say in a late Friday news release that 22- year-old senior Jesse Perry turned himself in after the university helped find him and facilitate his surrender.
Sgt. Maria Hawke's statement says a woman Perry had previously had a relationship with went to a local hospital Thursday afternoon for treatment. Police say the woman told them she had been at Perry's apartment when they began arguing and he assaulted her. She suffered obvious injuries but was released after treatment.
Perry was booked into the Pima County jail. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
UA says it's aware of the case but would not comment on a police matter.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a