The Arizona Wildcats will enter the 2012-13 season with one of the nation's top-rated freshman classes and a fifth-year senior transfer in point guard Mark Lyons.
They're bringing high expectations with them.
In a piece on CBSSports.com, five NCAA hoops writers gave some preseason predictions.
Jeff Goodman, Doug Gottlieb and Jeff Borzello have the Wildcats winning the Pac-12 (UCLA got the other two votes), with Goodman and Gottlieb each picking Arizona to reach the Final Four.
Most Wildcats fans would take that kind of season and call it a success, but Gottlieb goes even further and predicts Arizona to win the National Championship, led by Freshman of the Year Brandon Ashley and Coach of the Year Sean Miller.
Of course, none of this means the Wildcats are destined for big things this season. It's early October and the team has yet to play a meaningful game. But expectations are there, and that's certainly better than the alternative.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?