No. 12 Wildcats beat UTEP 72-51
After taking care of the ball in its opener, Arizona (2-0) had some careless moments against UTEP, turning it over 19 times. The Wildcats also fouled a little too much, particularly in the second half, which let the Miners keep it close for a while.
Arizona made up for it by shooting 9 of 18 from 3-point range and dominating the glass, outrebounding the Miners 35-15.
Despite trailing by as many as 21 points, UTEP (1-1) remained aggressive, getting to the free-throw line 16 times in the second half. The Miners went 14 of 29 from the line overall, but shot 36 percent from the floor against Arizona's long front line.
Julian Washburn and Chris Washburn each had 11 points for UTEP.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.