Updated Dec 23, 2012 - 11:50 pm
Cat Tracks: Arizona keeps rolling in Hawaii
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's December 23 win over Miami. Final score: Arizona 69, Miami 50.
The Wildcats came out firing in this one, taking a commanding lead late in the first half that they would never relinquish.
Guard Mark Lyons had another strong game for the Wildcats, as the senior transfer from Xavier scored a team-leading 19 points to go along with 4 assists.
The Wildcats also got strong contributions from Kevin Parrom, who scored 11 points off the bench, while Solomon Hill had eight and and Nick Johnson chipped in 12 points.
Arizona also hammered Miami on the boards, outrebounding their opponents by a tally of 46 to 20.
There wasn't much to complain about on this night, though Arizona's 16 turnovers will make head coach Sean Miller frown and the Wildcats struggled a bit from the free throw line, making just 11 of 17 attempts.
• The Wildcats are off to their best start since Lute Olsen led the program to a 35-3 season and a Final Four appearance in 1987-88.
• The victory was the 200th in Sean Miller's career as a head coach, which spans his time at Xavier, too.
• Freshman center Kaleb Tarczewski led Arizona with 13 rebounds -- Miami grabbed just 20 as a team.
Coming Up Next:
Arizona will face San Diego State in the final of the Diamond Head Classic in Hawaii Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Arizona time.
- Oregon drops No. 3 Arizona Wildcats: By the numbers
- Arizona's Nick Johnson a finalist for Wooden Award
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.