Updated Dec 24, 2012 - 12:10 pm
UA moves up to No. 3 in AP Coaches Poll
After notching three more wins in a six-day span, including two on Saturday (East Tennessee State) and Sunday (Miami) in the Diamond Head Classic in Honululu, the Wildcats moved up a spot in the weekly AP Coaches Poll from No. 5 to No. 3.
UA, who shares the No. 3 spot with Louisville, will have another tough test Tuesday, when they battle No. 18 San Diego State for the holiday tournament title. Sean Miller's squad has already beaten one ranked team this season (No. 5 Florida on December 15).
The Wildcats benefited from Syracuse's loss to Tempe on Saturday, and remain the only Pac-12 team in the top 25.
Following Tuesday's non-conference clash with the Aztecs, UA will return home to open up Pac-12 play against Utah and Colorado on January 3 and 5.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.