Updated Jan 5, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Cat Tracks: Wildcats hold on to beat Utah to remain undefeated
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's January 5 win over Utah. Arizona 60, Utah 57.
The No. 3 Wildcats were able to hold off Utah in exhilarating fashion, improving to a perfect 14-0.
Mark Lyons came up with two clutch free throws for Arizona with just 7.2 seconds remaining to help seal the victory. He finished with 12 points and four assists on the day.
Senior Solomon Hill led the offensive charge for the Wildcats with 19 points and eight rebounds.
Arizona almost squandered a 10 point lead, allowing Utah to close the gap to just one point with 1:07 seconds left in the game. Jarred Dubois missed two three-point attempts, including a long attempt as the clock ran out, giving the Wildcats the win.
Utah's slow pace helped them keep the game tight with Arizona.
Collectively, the Wildcats didn't perform well from the field and the offense lacked cohesiveness. They shot just 36.2 overall and made just 21 field goals.
Nick Johnson had a tough afternoon, going 2-of-9 for seven points.
• Arizona improved to 2-0 in conference play, narrowly winning both games.
• The 'Cats are off to their best start since the 1931-32 season when they recorded 16 consecutive victories.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats will travel to Oregon on Thursday night. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.