Cat Tracks: UA gets back on track in Corvallis
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's January 12 win over Oregon State. Arizona 80, Oregon State 70.
Following Thursday's 70-66 loss to Oregon, senior Solomon Hill vowed that the Wildcats would put together a better effort against the Beavers.
Saturday night, Hill backed up his words from the opening tip, hitting four first half three-point shots en route to 16-point performance.
Without Eric Moreland (Pac-12's leader in double-doubles) clogging up the middle for the Beavers, UA's freshmen big men took full advantage.
The trio of Brandon Ashley, Kaleb Tarczewski and Grant Jarrett combined 25 points and 17 rebounds.
On the night, Arizona outrebounded OSU 37-34.
UA did plenty of things well Saturday night, but shooting from the charity stripe (66 percent) and taking care of the basketball (16 turnovers) weren't among them.
• The Wildcats might have found a new lucky charm for the rest of their road Pac-12 slate. For the first time this season, UA wore their blue alternate jerseys.
• UA has now won 23 of its last 28 games against the Beavers.
• After making a rare start Thursday, Kevin Parrom returned to his reserve role Saturday night. The senior had six points in the victory, but made his greatest impact with a remarkable breakaway block on Ahmad Starks late in the contest.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats return back to Arizona to play a "road game" against rival ASU in Tempe January 19. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 12:30 p.m. MST.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a