Updated Feb 26, 2013 - 2:49 pm
UA coach Rodriguez comments on Ka'Deem Carey
He's also had one of the worst offseasons anyone can remember.
Not long after rushing for a school-record 1,929 yards and 23 touchdowns, Carey faced charges for misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct due to an incident with a pregnant ex-girlfriend, and later he had an issue at an Arizona basketball game that led to his ejection from the arena, where he then had a verbal confrontation with campus police.
Needless to say, Carey has some work to do to get back in the good graces of head coach Rich Rodriguez, and in a Tuesday conversation with the media the coach said his running back is on the right track.
"He's progressing well and he'll be with us in the spring. His process of making sure he shows the true person that he is still ongoing but he's been doing well," Rodriguez said. "We've got close tabs on him and he knows that. He knows he's made some mistakes and has to prove to what kind of person he is."
Rodriguez has not said what kind of discipline -- if any -- Carey will face.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.