Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 4:03 pm
Pair of Wildcats earn Pac-12 honors
Hill's season earned the forward his second-straight all-Pac-12 first-team award. The 6-foot-7 senior Wildcat averaged 13.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game. His 48 three-point field goals helped him hit double digits a team-leading 24 times this season.
His senior teammate, Lyons, led UA in the regular season with 14.9 points per game, including 56 three-pointers. The first-team honor is a first for the 6-foot-1 guard.
This is the 19th time multiple UA players were selected to the all-conference team in the same season since 1978.
Freshman center Kaleb Tarczewski was named honorable mention for the freshman team just as sophomore guard Nick Johnson was for the all-defensive team.
The 7-footer led UA with 5.9 rebounds per game, while also recording 6.6 points per game. Tarczewski also started all 30 games for the Wildcats.
A Gilbert native, Johnson ranks fourth in total steals and steals per game in the Pac-12 and recorded three or more steals in 11 games this season. The guard averaged 11.6 points, two steals and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.