Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 12:41 pm
Pac-12 to take a closer look at tournament officiating
However, the story does not seem to be over just yet.
The Pac-12 announced Tuesday that Scott and Pac-12 CEO Group Chair Edward J. Ray have commissioned an independent review of the the dispute that arose in Las Vegas last March.
The "experts" who will conduct the review are independent of the Pac-12, and the results are expected to be ready in time for a June meeting.
Miller, you may recall, was given a technical foul with less than five minutes remaining in a close game against UCLA in a Pac-12 Tournament semifinal matchup. The Wildcats eventually lost by two points.
"After considering the matter, Commissioner Scott and I agree that an independent review is important to maintain the confidence of our members, and of the public, in the integrity of our competition," President Ray said. "While the review will focus primarily on the tournament, we expect that it will inform a broader examination of our men's basketball officiating and help us provide the best possible program."
Scott added that nothing is more important to him or the league than maintaining the conference's integrity.
"Given the conflicting media reports, it is important that we do whatever we can to understand all the facts, not only to resolve the questions about officiating during the tournament but also to learn lessons that will help us make changes and improvements to our overall program," he said.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.