Ed Rush may have resigned from his post as the head of officiating in the Pac-12, and commissioner Larry Scott may have determined his former employee's offer of money or a vacation to any referee who gave Arizona coach Sean Miller a technical foul or ejected him from a game was done so "in jest."
However, the story does not seem to be over just yet.
The Pac-12 announced Tuesday that Scott and Pac-12 CEO Group Chair Edward J. Ray have commissioned an independent review of the the dispute that arose in Las Vegas last March.
The "experts" who will conduct the review are independent of the Pac-12, and the results are expected to be ready in time for a June meeting.
Miller, you may recall, was given a technical foul with less than five minutes remaining in a close game against UCLA in a Pac-12 Tournament semifinal matchup. The Wildcats eventually lost by two points.
"After considering the matter, Commissioner Scott and I agree that an independent review is important to maintain the confidence of our members, and of the public, in the integrity of our competition," President Ray said. "While the review will focus primarily on the tournament, we expect that it will inform a broader examination of our men's basketball officiating and help us provide the best possible program."
Scott added that nothing is more important to him or the league than maintaining the conference's integrity.
"Given the conflicting media reports, it is important that we do whatever we can to understand all the facts, not only to resolve the questions about officiating during the tournament but also to learn lessons that will help us make changes and improvements to our overall program," he said.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.