UA freshman Grant Jerrett to declare for NBA Draft
The school sent out a press release detailing the forward's decision late Wednesday.
"Today, with the support of my family, I made the decision to enter the 2013 NBA Draft and pursue my lifelong dream of playing professional basketball," said Jerrett in the release. "I would like to thank all Wildcat fans, my teammates and coaches for making my year in Tucson an incredible experience. I will forever be an Arizona Wildcat."
The 6-foot-10 forward averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 17.8 minutes per game during his freshman season with the Wildcats and had just 11 points in three NCAA tournament games.
"I would like to wish Grant well as he pursues his goal of becoming a part of the NBA," said Arizona head coach Sean Miller. "Not only is Grant a talented player, but he is an even better person with a wonderful and supportive family. I look forward to helping him in any way that I can as he moves forward in his basketball career."
According to CBSSports.com's Jeff Goodman, Jerrett is likely to sign with agent Brian Dyke of Shibumi Sports.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.