UA freshman Grant Jerrett to declare for NBA Draft
The school sent out a press release detailing the forward's decision late Wednesday.
"Today, with the support of my family, I made the decision to enter the 2013 NBA Draft and pursue my lifelong dream of playing professional basketball," said Jerrett in the release. "I would like to thank all Wildcat fans, my teammates and coaches for making my year in Tucson an incredible experience. I will forever be an Arizona Wildcat."
The 6-foot-10 forward averaged 5.2 points and 3.6 rebounds in 17.8 minutes per game during his freshman season with the Wildcats and had just 11 points in three NCAA tournament games.
"I would like to wish Grant well as he pursues his goal of becoming a part of the NBA," said Arizona head coach Sean Miller. "Not only is Grant a talented player, but he is an even better person with a wonderful and supportive family. I look forward to helping him in any way that I can as he moves forward in his basketball career."
According to CBSSports.com's Jeff Goodman, Jerrett is likely to sign with agent Brian Dyke of Shibumi Sports.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.