Updated Jun 2, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Findings from independent review on Pac-12 Tournament officiating released
The review, which was conducted by the law firm of Ice Miller, LLP, focused on the events that took place before, during and after Arizona's semifinal game against UCLA on March 15, including comments made by Rush and the discipline Miller received for his post-game conduct.
Pac-12 CEO Group Chair Edward J. Ray, who commissioned the review, had this to say about its findings on Sunday:
"The Pac-12 CEO Group fully reviewed and discussed the Ice Miller report and agreed that is was an objective analysis of all known facts surrounding the officiating dispute at this year's Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament. The CEO Group accepted the report, agreed there is no further action required, and determined that this independent review brings closure to the matter."
"The report provides valuable lessons for all parties, which will be incorporated in how we restructure the men's basketball officiating program and policies. We are moving forward with a renewed commitment to accountability and ethical conduct to assure the overall integrity of our competition for our members and the public."
While the report determined that the Arizona-UCLA game was officiated with integrity and that no bounty statements were offered or taken, Rush resigned from his post with the Pac-12 back on April 4.
Following the release of the review, Arizona AD Greg Byrne chimed in with a brief statement on the matter.
"I am aware the Ice Miller report has been released. We are appreciative of the effort by the CEO Council to commission an independent review of the issues related to the Conference tournament. Coach Miller and I have discussed the report, and we are ready to move forward. We remain hopeful this report will lead to improvements in our officiating program. At this time I will have no further comment."
The review can be read in its entirety here.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.