Updated Jun 2, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Findings from independent review on Pac-12 Tournament officiating released
The review, which was conducted by the law firm of Ice Miller, LLP, focused on the events that took place before, during and after Arizona's semifinal game against UCLA on March 15, including comments made by Rush and the discipline Miller received for his post-game conduct.
Pac-12 CEO Group Chair Edward J. Ray, who commissioned the review, had this to say about its findings on Sunday:
"The Pac-12 CEO Group fully reviewed and discussed the Ice Miller report and agreed that is was an objective analysis of all known facts surrounding the officiating dispute at this year's Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament. The CEO Group accepted the report, agreed there is no further action required, and determined that this independent review brings closure to the matter."
"The report provides valuable lessons for all parties, which will be incorporated in how we restructure the men's basketball officiating program and policies. We are moving forward with a renewed commitment to accountability and ethical conduct to assure the overall integrity of our competition for our members and the public."
While the report determined that the Arizona-UCLA game was officiated with integrity and that no bounty statements were offered or taken, Rush resigned from his post with the Pac-12 back on April 4.
Following the release of the review, Arizona AD Greg Byrne chimed in with a brief statement on the matter.
"I am aware the Ice Miller report has been released. We are appreciative of the effort by the CEO Council to commission an independent review of the issues related to the Conference tournament. Coach Miller and I have discussed the report, and we are ready to move forward. We remain hopeful this report will lead to improvements in our officiating program. At this time I will have no further comment."
The review can be read in its entirety here.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.