Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 9:45 am
Arizona coach Sean Miller's contract extended
According to AZStarnet.com, the Arizona Board of Regents approved the move Thursday, with chair Rick Myers saying, "We want him to stay at the University of Arizona."
The move effectively gives Miller another five-year contract, which is valuable in recruiting. Arizona AD Greg Byrne said Miller requested that he not get a raise in the fifth year of it.
Miller has been receiving $100,000 annual escalators to his base pay since 2011-12 and is scheduled to receive $2.3 million plus academic and performance bonuses next season. He is scheduled to receive $2.6 million in 2016-17 but now will receive only the same amount in 2017-18.
Miller, 44, has guided the Wildcats to a 96-43 record over four seasons, and is coming off a season in which the team reached the NCAA Tournament's Sweet 16.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.