Updated Jun 25, 2013 - 1:30 pm
Report: Houston transfer Joseph Young to visit Arizona Wildcats
And even though head coach Sean Miller will be welcoming one of the best recruiting classes in the nation, there's no telling how his new freshmen will fare. So, any type of "sure thing" scorer the team could have would be beneficial, and it appears they may be able to land one via transfer.
According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Houston's Joseph Young is looking to transfer, and he's visiting both Oregon and Arizona.
The 6-foot-3 Young averaged 18 points per game for James Dickey and the Cougars this past season and shot 42 percent from beyond the arc. Young's father, Michael, a member of the school's famed Phi Slama Jama team, recently refused a reassignment within the Houston athletic department. He had been the director of operations on Dickey's staff.
A guard, Young has one year of college eligibility remaining, and Goodman writes that his family will request a waiver in hopes of him being eligible to play in 2013-14.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.