Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:53 pm
UA's incoming freshman Aaron Gordon wins MVP at FIBA U-19 Championships
That's because incoming freshman and prized recruit Aaron Gordon took the international tournament by storm, averaging 12.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in nine games en route to winning MVP honors.
With Gordon leading the way, Team USA claimed the gold medal Sunday with an 82-68 victory over Serbia in the final.
While the former McDonald's All-American was limited to just six points and six rebounds in the gold medal game, he still managed to leave a lasting impact with an impressive fourth quarter dunk in transition.
The 6-foot-8 forward, who chose UA over Kentucky, Washington and Oregon back in April, averaged 21.6 points, 15.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 blocks per game as a senior for Archbishop Mitty High School in California.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.