Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:53 pm
UA's incoming freshman Aaron Gordon wins MVP at FIBA U-19 Championships
That's because incoming freshman and prized recruit Aaron Gordon took the international tournament by storm, averaging 12.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in nine games en route to winning MVP honors.
With Gordon leading the way, Team USA claimed the gold medal Sunday with an 82-68 victory over Serbia in the final.
While the former McDonald's All-American was limited to just six points and six rebounds in the gold medal game, he still managed to leave a lasting impact with an impressive fourth quarter dunk in transition.
The 6-foot-8 forward, who chose UA over Kentucky, Washington and Oregon back in April, averaged 21.6 points, 15.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 blocks per game as a senior for Archbishop Mitty High School in California.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.