Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 3:53 pm
UA's incoming freshman Aaron Gordon wins MVP at FIBA U-19 Championships
That's because incoming freshman and prized recruit Aaron Gordon took the international tournament by storm, averaging 12.6 points and 6.2 rebounds in nine games en route to winning MVP honors.
With Gordon leading the way, Team USA claimed the gold medal Sunday with an 82-68 victory over Serbia in the final.
While the former McDonald's All-American was limited to just six points and six rebounds in the gold medal game, he still managed to leave a lasting impact with an impressive fourth quarter dunk in transition.
The 6-foot-8 forward, who chose UA over Kentucky, Washington and Oregon back in April, averaged 21.6 points, 15.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 blocks per game as a senior for Archbishop Mitty High School in California.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.