Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 5:36 pm
Arizona Wildcats' Zach Peters cleared to play this season
Peters, who transferred from Kansas, left the Jayhawks following the fall semester due to concussion issues. It was hoped the 6-foot-10 forward with three-point range would receive a medical hardship waiver and not be forced to sit out this season.
"Today's news from the NCAA is very exciting for Zach and his family, as well as our basketball program," Arizona head coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "There was a lot of effort and cooperation that went into this waiver process. We'd like to thank the NCAA, the University of Kansas and many members of the Arizona Athletics family for their tireless efforts to make this a reality.
"To this point, Zach has participated with us and we're still in the process of him returning to full competition and contact. Zach has made tremendous progress in his time at Arizona, and we're optimistic that with continued improvement, that time will come in the near future."
Peters was a four-time all-state selection at Prestonwood Christian Academy, where he led the school to two state titles and a pair of runner-up finishes.
"I've tried to remain patient throughout this process, and today's news is definitely a relief," Peters said in the release. "I've been making strides physically with the goal of getting back to full competition, and, right now, it's about honoring that process. I'm excited to keep improving and it's great to be able to put my focus on the season ahead."
According to Miller, Peters will have four years of eligibility.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.