Updated Sep 26, 2013 - 5:36 pm
Arizona Wildcats' Zach Peters cleared to play this season
Peters, who transferred from Kansas, left the Jayhawks following the fall semester due to concussion issues. It was hoped the 6-foot-10 forward with three-point range would receive a medical hardship waiver and not be forced to sit out this season.
"Today's news from the NCAA is very exciting for Zach and his family, as well as our basketball program," Arizona head coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "There was a lot of effort and cooperation that went into this waiver process. We'd like to thank the NCAA, the University of Kansas and many members of the Arizona Athletics family for their tireless efforts to make this a reality.
"To this point, Zach has participated with us and we're still in the process of him returning to full competition and contact. Zach has made tremendous progress in his time at Arizona, and we're optimistic that with continued improvement, that time will come in the near future."
Peters was a four-time all-state selection at Prestonwood Christian Academy, where he led the school to two state titles and a pair of runner-up finishes.
"I've tried to remain patient throughout this process, and today's news is definitely a relief," Peters said in the release. "I've been making strides physically with the goal of getting back to full competition, and, right now, it's about honoring that process. I'm excited to keep improving and it's great to be able to put my focus on the season ahead."
According to Miller, Peters will have four years of eligibility.
- No. 2 Arizona Wildcats roll Texas Tech to remain unbeaten
- Arizona's Nick Johnson named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
- No. 4 Arizona Wildcats top No. 6 Duke for NIT Preseason Tip-Off title
- No. 4 Wildcats erase 18-point deficit, advance to NIT championship
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.