Updated Oct 17, 2013 - 8:17 am
Wildcats picked to win Pac-12 hoops title
The preseason media poll was released Thursday morning at Pac-12 Basketball Media Day in San Francisco, and the Wildcats of head coach Sean Miller received 21 of 23 first place votes. UCLA and Colorado received one first place vote each.
The Wildcats are led by junior guard Nick Johnson, transfer guard T.J. McConnell and a highly-rated recruiting class which features forward Aaron Gordon, who was recently named the 10th-best player in the country by CBSSports.com.
Arizona opens their season Friday, November 8 with a home game against Cal Poly in Tucson.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.