Updated Oct 17, 2013 - 8:17 am
Wildcats picked to win Pac-12 hoops title
The preseason media poll was released Thursday morning at Pac-12 Basketball Media Day in San Francisco, and the Wildcats of head coach Sean Miller received 21 of 23 first place votes. UCLA and Colorado received one first place vote each.
The Wildcats are led by junior guard Nick Johnson, transfer guard T.J. McConnell and a highly-rated recruiting class which features forward Aaron Gordon, who was recently named the 10th-best player in the country by CBSSports.com.
Arizona opens their season Friday, November 8 with a home game against Cal Poly in Tucson.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.