Aaron Gordon named to Wooden Award Preseason Top 50
Gordon, a native of San Jose, Calif., is one of nine freshmen to be included on the list and one of just six players representing the Pac-12 Conference.
The 6-foot-9, 210-pound Gordon leads the Wildcats in rebounds and blocks through their first two games, posting a double-double in both contests, which came against Cal Poly and Long Beach State, respectively. Gordon has averaged 10 rebounds and 2.5 blocks thus far, while shooting 57.9 percent from the floor and hitting two of his three three-point attempts.
The 18-year-old was the MVP of the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game and he also received MVP honors for his performance on the gold-medaling USA team in the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.