Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
The Wildcats moved up two spots from the previous week and received two first-place votes, with Michigan State receiving the rest while retaining the top spot for the third consecutive week.
Arizona has won its first seven games to open the year, with the most recent being the most impressive. In the championship game of the NIT Season Tip-Off Friday, the Wildcats topped then-No. 6 Duke 72-66.
The team is led by junior guard Nick Johnson, who tops the team in scoring with 17 points per game, while contributing 4.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 0.7 steals as well. Point guard T.J. McConnell leads the team averaging 6.4 assists, and freshman forward Aaron Gordon hasn't needed much time to adjust to the college game, as he's averaged 12.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
The Wildcats' next contest comes Tuesday night as they play host to 6-2 Texas Tech.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.