Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
The Wildcats moved up two spots from the previous week and received two first-place votes, with Michigan State receiving the rest while retaining the top spot for the third consecutive week.
Arizona has won its first seven games to open the year, with the most recent being the most impressive. In the championship game of the NIT Season Tip-Off Friday, the Wildcats topped then-No. 6 Duke 72-66.
The team is led by junior guard Nick Johnson, who tops the team in scoring with 17 points per game, while contributing 4.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 0.7 steals as well. Point guard T.J. McConnell leads the team averaging 6.4 assists, and freshman forward Aaron Gordon hasn't needed much time to adjust to the college game, as he's averaged 12.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
The Wildcats' next contest comes Tuesday night as they play host to 6-2 Texas Tech.
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.