Updated Dec 2, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Arizona Wildcats move up to No. 2 in latest AP Poll
The Wildcats moved up two spots from the previous week and received two first-place votes, with Michigan State receiving the rest while retaining the top spot for the third consecutive week.
Arizona has won its first seven games to open the year, with the most recent being the most impressive. In the championship game of the NIT Season Tip-Off Friday, the Wildcats topped then-No. 6 Duke 72-66.
The team is led by junior guard Nick Johnson, who tops the team in scoring with 17 points per game, while contributing 4.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 0.7 steals as well. Point guard T.J. McConnell leads the team averaging 6.4 assists, and freshman forward Aaron Gordon hasn't needed much time to adjust to the college game, as he's averaged 12.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
The Wildcats' next contest comes Tuesday night as they play host to 6-2 Texas Tech.
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.