Arizona Wildcats rise to number one in the polls
The USA Today Coaches Poll and AP Poll were released Monday, and the Arizona Wildcats were atop both lists.
It's the first time the Wildcats have held the top spot since March 2003.
The Wildcats were second last week, but Michigan State's home loss to North Carolina was enough to get them to the top spot.
Arizona is off to a 9-0 start, including quality wins at San Diego State and over Duke in the NIT Season Tip-Off Championship Game.
Up next for the Wildcats is a home game against New Mexico State Wednesday. After that, they will hit the road for a test against No. 22 Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.