Arizona Wildcats rise to number one in the polls
The USA Today Coaches Poll and AP Poll were released Monday, and the Arizona Wildcats were atop both lists.
It's the first time the Wildcats have held the top spot since March 2003.
The Wildcats were second last week, but Michigan State's home loss to North Carolina was enough to get them to the top spot.
Arizona is off to a 9-0 start, including quality wins at San Diego State and over Duke in the NIT Season Tip-Off Championship Game.
Up next for the Wildcats is a home game against New Mexico State Wednesday. After that, they will hit the road for a test against No. 22 Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.