TUCSON, Ariz. -- Nick Johnson scored 24 points and Aaron Gordon had 18 points and 11 rebounds, and top-ranked Arizona beat Washington 71-62 on Saturday.
The Wildcats (15-0, 2-0 Pac-12) are off to their best start since 1931-32, when the team set a school record with 16 wins to open the season.
T.J. McConnell added six assists, five rebounds and four steals.
C.J. Wilcox led Washington (9-6, 1-1) with 20 points. Perris Blackwell had 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Arizona trailed by two at halftime but pulled away as the Huskies shot 10 of 33 in the second half, missing all seven 3-point attempts.
- Rich Rodriguez- UA football coach - Monday September 15University of Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez previews the Wildcats' game against Cal.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 11 - Thursday September 11Adam and Jarrett talk about a close win at UTSA and a home date vs. Nevada.
- Rich Rodriguez - Arizona head coach - Monday September 8University of Arizona football coach Rich Rodriguez joins Doug and Wolf
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Sept. 3 - Wednesday September 3Adam and Jarrett talk about a comfortable win and a tricky road trip.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?