Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 8:35 am
Arizona lands five-star SG recruit Tyler Dorsey
Just committed to the University of Arizona #BearDown 🐻🔴🔵— Tyler Dorsey (@TDORSEY_1) January 11, 2014
ESPN's Recruiting Nation pegged Dorsey as the No. 7 recruit in the nation and the second-best shooting guard in the 2015 class.
Of Dorsey, ESPN says:
Dorsey has a lethal combination of his size and skill is a sight to see and his athleticism is impressive. He explodes in the open court (reminiscent of John Wall while in high school) and he can cover a lot of ground in a hurry. Although he is most noted for his scoring prowess (pull-ups and slashing drives), his passing ability is what sets him apart from most of his peers.
Dorsey hails from Saint John Bosco High School in Los Angeles. He was also recruited by ASU, UCLA, USC, Oregon State, Connecticut and Louisville, among other schools.
Another Los Angeles-area Arizona recruit, Stanley Johnson, will be headed to Tucson in the 2014 class, making it three straight seasons Miller and the Wildcats have landed California's top recruits, beginning with Grant Jerrett in 2012 and Aaron Gordon in 2013.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.