Arizona's 73-53 win over USC: By the numbers
Here's a look back at the 20-point win, Arizona's fourth straight to open Pac-12 play, by the numbers:
Even in a winning effort, Kaleb Tarczewski's production at the offensive end was a little bit alarming. The Wildcats' starting center scored two points and only took one shot all night.
The 20-point rout was Arizona's fourth true road win of the 2013-14 campaign. The Wildcats' 28 true road wins since the start of the 2009-10 season are the most in the conference.
Sunday marked just the fifth time in the last nine seasons that UA won a road Pac-12 game in the city of Los Angeles.
With the win, Arizona moved to a perfect 17-0 to start its season -- breaking the program record which was established in 1931-32.
Point guard T.J. McConnell has become the team's de facto distributor in 2013-14, but Sunday night he didn't mind shooting the rock, either. The senior transfer scored a season-high 19 points to go along with six assists and two steals.
McConnell wasn't the only complimentary offensive player to have a big night against the Trojans. Sophomore forward Brandon Ashley, who wears No. 21, scored a season-high 19 points in the victory.
Given its successful road trip through Southern California, Arizona is likely to retain its place atop the AP Top 25 poll. If that's the case, Monday will mark the 35th week in school history the team has been ranked No. 1.
Heading into Sunday night's Pac-12 clash with USC, Arizona had been outscoring its opponents by 9.8 points in the second half. In the 20-point win, the Wildcats improved on that mark with a 39-22 spurt over the final 20 minutes of play.
With consecutive victories over UCLA and USC, Arizona secured its first road sweep of the LA-based schools since 2004-05.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.