Updated Jan 17, 2014 - 8:11 am
Arizona routs ASU at McKale Center: By the Numbers
Arizona was in control throughout the night, ultimately cruising to a 91-68 win over the Sun Devils.
Here's a look back at Arizona's 18th straight win, which improved them to 5-0 in Pac-12 play.
Wildcats guard T.J. McConnell missed just one field goal attempt Thursday, tallying 10 points, six assists, three steals and a block against the Sun Devils.
Arizona's defense plagued the Sun Devils all night, as the visitors shot just 2-of-18 from the floor to begin the game.
Sun Devils' big man Jordan Bachynski had three points, three blocks and three personal fouls on Thursday, also going 0-for-3 from the floor in the loss.
Jahii Carson, who had a game-high 20 points on the evening, had four shots blocked by Wildcat defenders Thursday.
Arizona coach Sean Miller dug deep into his bench during the rout of the Wildcats' in-state rival, using 15 players on the night and sitting starters over the final several minutes of the game.
Sun Devils senior guard Jermaine Marshall, who is averaging 15.6 points per game this season as the team's second-leading scorer, sat out of the contest with a groin injury.
Arizona State suffered from a swarming Wildcats defense all night, ultimately turning the ball over 18 times in the ugly loss.
With the win, Arizona moved to a perfect 18-0 to start its season -- improving upon the program record, which was set in their last victory against USC.
Coach Herb Sendek's team missed 35 shots Thursday at McKale Center, good for 34 percent from the field, though hitting seven of 14 three-point attempts, including a buzzer beater from freshman Chance Murray to end the game.
Arizona's win was their 50th since the 1979-80 season over ASU. The rivalry now stands at 50-22 in favor of the team from Tucson during that span.
- Arizona Wildcats forward Aaron Gordon heading for NBA Draft
- Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski to stay for junior year
- Arizona Wildcats forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to return for Sophomore season
- Arizona Wildcats guard Nick Johnson to enter NBA Draft
- Arizona's Nick Johnson 'not sure' about future
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.