Nick Johnson and Aaron Gordon named to midseason Wooden list
The Wooden Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the most outstanding in the country.
Johnson is averaging a team-leading 16.3 points per game for the No. 1 Wildcats (18-0, 5-0), while shooting a career-best 49.7 percent from the field and 81.9 percent from the free throw line.
Gordon, who arrived in Tucson with an incredible amount of hype, is averaging 12.4 points and 7.8 rebounds per game, and has a team-best five double-doubles while shooting 50.6 percent from the floor.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.