Updated Jan 24, 2014 - 6:21 am
Arizona's wire-to-wire win over Colorado: By the numbers
Nick Johnson and Brandon Ashley combined for 33 points on 13-of-21 shooting, as the Wildcats won in wire-to-wire fashion over the Buffaloes by a final of 69-57.
Here's a look back at the 12-point win, Arizona's sixth straight in conference play, by the numbers:
There were no lead changes in Thursday night's contest, as Arizona raced out to an 18-4 advantage 9:06 into the first half and never looked back. Over the final 20 minutes, Colorado never got to within single digits.
For just the second time all season, Arizona lost the battle on the boards. With that said, Colorado only had the advantage by one rebound, 32-31.
Collectively, the Wildcats were in a giving mood Thursday. Four different players recorded at least three assists. Arizona finished with a 2.67:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, after coming into the contest with a 1.40:1 ratio.
Freshman Aaron Gordon scored 12 points on 6-of-12 shooting against the Buffaloes. Of those six baskets, five were dunks.
The Wildcats ran a total of 71 possessions against Colorado Thursday. Of those 71 possessions, they turned the ball over just six times (8.45 percent).
Thursday night's conference clash marked the 16th time that Colorado had faced a No.1-ranked team. With the loss to the Wildcats, the Buffaloes moved to 0-16 all-time in head-to-head games against the country's top squad.
Arizona has more or less cruised to a perfect 6-0 start in Pac-12 play. Of those six wins, four have come by double-digits. The Wildcats' conference victories have come by an average of 17.16 points.
Arizona's win over Colorado was its 19th straight -- which ties a program record.
Following its 69-57 win, Arizona moved to 69-11 (.8625 winning percentage) all-time in home Pac-12 games played under Sean Miller.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.