According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Ashley, who suffered a season-ending foot injury in the Wildcats' 60-58 loss to Cal last weekend, has his sights on returning to the program for his junior campaign.
"I wasn't 100 percent (about coming back) before the injury," Ashley told ESPN.com. "But I've thought about it, and there's a very, very, very strong chance I'll be back at the University of Arizona next year."
At the time of his injury, the 6-foot-8 sophomore was averaging 11.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game on the season.
As a freshman, the former McDonald's All-American out of Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep started 21 of 35 games, pitching in with 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds per contest.
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?