Updated Feb 7, 2014 - 11:35 am
Report: Arizona sophomore Brandon Ashley likely to return in 2014-15
According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Ashley, who suffered a season-ending foot injury in the Wildcats' 60-58 loss to Cal last weekend, has his sights on returning to the program for his junior campaign.
"I wasn't 100 percent (about coming back) before the injury," Ashley told ESPN.com. "But I've thought about it, and there's a very, very, very strong chance I'll be back at the University of Arizona next year."
At the time of his injury, the 6-foot-8 sophomore was averaging 11.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game on the season.
As a freshman, the former McDonald's All-American out of Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep started 21 of 35 games, pitching in with 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds per contest.
- Johnson's big night leads Arizona to road win over Oregon State: By the Numbers
- Former Arizona Wildcats coach Russ Pennell hired by Central Arkansas
- Arizona powers past Stanford, clinches Pac-12 outright: By the numbers
- With win over Stanford, Arizona clinches Pac-12 title outright
- WAC suspends 2 players for postgame brawl in Orem
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.