Updated Feb 7, 2014 - 11:35 am
Report: Arizona sophomore Brandon Ashley likely to return in 2014-15
According to ESPN.com's Jeff Goodman, Ashley, who suffered a season-ending foot injury in the Wildcats' 60-58 loss to Cal last weekend, has his sights on returning to the program for his junior campaign.
"I wasn't 100 percent (about coming back) before the injury," Ashley told ESPN.com. "But I've thought about it, and there's a very, very, very strong chance I'll be back at the University of Arizona next year."
At the time of his injury, the 6-foot-8 sophomore was averaging 11.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game on the season.
As a freshman, the former McDonald's All-American out of Henderson (Nev.) Findlay Prep started 21 of 35 games, pitching in with 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds per contest.
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.