Updated Feb 28, 2014 - 12:26 am
Arizona Wildcats win at least a share of the Pac-12 regular-season title
After UCLA'S 87-83 2OT loss to Oregon, the Wildcats (26-2, 13-2) clinched at least a share of their first regular-season title since 2011, when Derrick Williams led them as a sophomore. It is the 13th conference title in school history.
If Arizona was to lose out and the Bruins win out, there would be a tie, but the 'Cats would own the tiebreaker by way of a 79-75 victory over UCLA (21-7, 10-5) earlier in the season.
By winning the conference, Arizona earned the top seed in the Pac-12 Tournament and will play its first game Thursday at noon against either the No. 8 or No. 9 seed after a first-round bye. The Pac-12 Tournament Championship Game will be held on March 15 at 3 p.m.
This is Arizona head coach Sean Miller's fifth regular-season conference championship, and second with the Wildcats. Miller's Xavier teams won three straight Atlantic 10 titles from 2007-2009.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.