Wildcats vying for No. 1 seed in NCAA Tournament
Most college basketball experts predict the Wildcats to be the no.1 seed in the West region of the bracket, where the regional semi-finals and finals will be played in Anaheim, Calif.
In order to secure the top seed in the West region, Arizona will have to play its way through the Pac-12 Tournament, being played in Las Vegas from March 12-15. The Wildcats hold the top seed in the tournament, giving them a first-round bye and setting themselves up for a second-round match up between the winner of Washington and Utah, to be played March 13.
Led by both the conference player and coach of the year, Nick Johnson and Sean Miller, the Wildcats won 21 games in a row to start the season, before losing to Cal by two points on Feb. 1 -- the same day the team lost starting forward Brandon Ashley for the season.
The Wildcats finished the season 7-2 without Ashley, dropping a double-overtime thriller to rival ASU and losing the final regular season game to Oregon. The team has not dropped a game at home this season, finishing the season a perfect 20-0 at the McKale Center in Tucson.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.