The odds appear to be in the Arizona Wildcats' favor
The analyst of many things, perhaps best known for correctly picking all 50 states in the last presidential election, took his algorithms to ESPN's FiveThirtyEight.com.
And since the NCAA Tournament brackets have been released, it's only natural that one of the inaugural pieces from the site is a breakdown of March Madness.
In the story, Silver and Matthew Conlen broke down the odds for every team to reach every round, with the Wildcats having the best odds to advance to the Final Four, at 42 percent.
Unfortunately for the UA, though, that's about as far as they would be expected to go. According to the results, the Wildcats have just the third-best odds to reach the national championship game, at 23 percent, trailing Florida and Louisville.
And as for their chances of winning the second national championship in school history? Well, The Wildcats have just a 13 percent chance of doing that.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.