The odds appear to be in the Arizona Wildcats' favor
The analyst of many things, perhaps best known for correctly picking all 50 states in the last presidential election, took his algorithms to ESPN's FiveThirtyEight.com.
And since the NCAA Tournament brackets have been released, it's only natural that one of the inaugural pieces from the site is a breakdown of March Madness.
In the story, Silver and Matthew Conlen broke down the odds for every team to reach every round, with the Wildcats having the best odds to advance to the Final Four, at 42 percent.
Unfortunately for the UA, though, that's about as far as they would be expected to go. According to the results, the Wildcats have just the third-best odds to reach the national championship game, at 23 percent, trailing Florida and Louisville.
And as for their chances of winning the second national championship in school history? Well, The Wildcats have just a 13 percent chance of doing that.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former UA Wildcat Nick Johnson ‘happy' to land with Houston Rockets
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon signs endorsement deal with Nike
- Arizona's Sean Miller among the best recruiters in the country
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon records monster block in NBA Summer League debut
- Former Wildcat Johnson impresses in Summer League debut, finishes vicious dunk
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.