Updated May 9, 2014 - 3:19 pm
Arizona adds Boston College transfer Ryan Anderson
The program officially announced Friday that Boston College transfer Ryan Anderson plans to take his talents to Tucson.
Anderson, who averaged 14.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game with the Golden Eagles in 2013-14, will sit out next season in order to fully recover from offseason shoulder surgery.
"Ryan Anderson is an incredibly productive basketball player," Arizona head coach Sean Miller said in a press release. "He was a double-figure scorer and an excellent rebounder in all three of his seasons in the ACC. He has shown a great ability to draw fouls and get to the free throw line.
"Ryan is also an outstanding student and a high-character person who will be a valuable addition to the culture of both our program and the University of Arizona. I believe these attributes will really translate well into our program at a crucial time for us."
A native of Lakewood, Calif., Anderson played in every game for Boston College from 2012-14, including 92 starts.
At the time of his departure, Anderson ranked 22nd on the Eagles' all-time scoring list with 1,282 career points.
The ACC's sixth-leading rebounder from a season ago has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.