Teen lingerie? That's just plain wrong
Ah, childhood. A time of schoolyard friends, carefree summers...and lingerie?
According to Bloomberg News, retailers are now targeting extremely young girls to boost lingerie sales.
It all began harmlessly enough when Victoria's Secret introduced its Pink clothing line that targeted college-age women. However, after it caught on with the middle school crowd, several retailers began offering their own lines.
Hot Topic Inc. is testing an edgy lingerie line called Blackheart, and Urban Outfitters Inc., which has said intimates could eventually make up 10 percent of sales, has bolstered such offerings across its brands. Even Justice, the store for 7- to 12-year-olds owned by Tween Brands Inc., is selling $21.90 tie-dye bras and $9 flowered panties online.
While most retailers will deny targeting young girls, a retail consultant said the reality is it will attract a young audience.
Personally, we think this is ridiculous and wrong on so many levels. If you're a parent and would buy lingerie for your teen, you're creepy.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.