Dad solicits date for step-daughter on Craigslist, offers football tickets
A Colorado father recently offered a date with his step-daughter on a classified ads website.
Gary Yates of Denver, who is a diehard Tennessee Volunteers fan, took to the Gainsville, Fla., Craigslist on Monday after somebody backed out of a date with his step-daughter, Jessica Flanagan -- a date that was supposed to take place at the Sept. 21 Volunteers away game against the Florida Gators.
Yates already dropped $150 on the tickets, so whoever took Flanagan up on the date would also get to go to the game.
The father posted several pictures of his step-daughter on the website, and he stipulated that the buyer must be "an attractive, professional, single well educated [sic] gentleman, with a good sense of humor, 25-33."
The cost of the date wasn't entirely free: His asking price was dinner, drinks and conversation with his step-daughter; the football ticket would be covered, however.
The Daily Mail reports the father did not disclose that he was flying to Florida with his wife for the game, and that the date would essentially be chaperoned.
Yates said he's seen some "lighthearted responses" but several serious responses (he estimates between 30 and 40), but he has since removed the ad.
He has not said if he's chosen a suitor for his daughter or if he simply scrapped the online offer.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.