Dad solicits date for step-daughter on Craigslist, offers football tickets
A Colorado father recently offered a date with his step-daughter on a classified ads website.
Gary Yates of Denver, who is a diehard Tennessee Volunteers fan, took to the Gainsville, Fla., Craigslist on Monday after somebody backed out of a date with his step-daughter, Jessica Flanagan -- a date that was supposed to take place at the Sept. 21 Volunteers away game against the Florida Gators.
Yates already dropped $150 on the tickets, so whoever took Flanagan up on the date would also get to go to the game.
The father posted several pictures of his step-daughter on the website, and he stipulated that the buyer must be "an attractive, professional, single well educated [sic] gentleman, with a good sense of humor, 25-33."
The cost of the date wasn't entirely free: His asking price was dinner, drinks and conversation with his step-daughter; the football ticket would be covered, however.
The Daily Mail reports the father did not disclose that he was flying to Florida with his wife for the game, and that the date would essentially be chaperoned.
Yates said he's seen some "lighthearted responses" but several serious responses (he estimates between 30 and 40), but he has since removed the ad.
He has not said if he's chosen a suitor for his daughter or if he simply scrapped the online offer.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.