Mac & Gaydos: Will 'mamming' craze help cure breast cancer?
The hottest internet craze right now is "mamming," and sorry, fellas, but it's for ladies only.
Think of it as like "planking," except only using breasts.
That's literally all "mamming" is: Women taking PG-friendly photos of themselves with their mammaries resting on things. Or animals. Or food.
According to the Daily Mail, the idea is the brainchild - breastchild? - of New Yorkers Michelle Lamont and Michelle Jaret, who started "mamming" to raise awareness for breast health. They were hoping to "[tap] into an existing trend" and get their message out in a unique way during the very busy and cluttered Breast Cancer Month Awareness.
Lamont, 25, is a breast cancer survivor herself.
When I was sick, I asked my doctors about a cure - one actually told me that the best cure we have is prevention. Prevention is screening like mammograms and self-exams and they are the best tool we have to catch cancer early, and catching it early is how we beat it.
Is "mamming" ingenious or just plain silly? Or are yousStill not sure? The video below may help.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.