Mac & Gaydos: Will 'mamming' craze help cure breast cancer?
The hottest internet craze right now is "mamming," and sorry, fellas, but it's for ladies only.
Think of it as like "planking," except only using breasts.
That's literally all "mamming" is: Women taking PG-friendly photos of themselves with their mammaries resting on things. Or animals. Or food.
According to the Daily Mail, the idea is the brainchild - breastchild? - of New Yorkers Michelle Lamont and Michelle Jaret, who started "mamming" to raise awareness for breast health. They were hoping to "[tap] into an existing trend" and get their message out in a unique way during the very busy and cluttered Breast Cancer Month Awareness.
Lamont, 25, is a breast cancer survivor herself.
When I was sick, I asked my doctors about a cure - one actually told me that the best cure we have is prevention. Prevention is screening like mammograms and self-exams and they are the best tool we have to catch cancer early, and catching it early is how we beat it.
Is "mamming" ingenious or just plain silly? Or are yousStill not sure? The video below may help.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.