Mac & Gaydos: Will 'mamming' craze help cure breast cancer?
The hottest internet craze right now is "mamming," and sorry, fellas, but it's for ladies only.
Think of it as like "planking," except only using breasts.
That's literally all "mamming" is: Women taking PG-friendly photos of themselves with their mammaries resting on things. Or animals. Or food.
According to the Daily Mail, the idea is the brainchild - breastchild? - of New Yorkers Michelle Lamont and Michelle Jaret, who started "mamming" to raise awareness for breast health. They were hoping to "[tap] into an existing trend" and get their message out in a unique way during the very busy and cluttered Breast Cancer Month Awareness.
Lamont, 25, is a breast cancer survivor herself.
When I was sick, I asked my doctors about a cure - one actually told me that the best cure we have is prevention. Prevention is screening like mammograms and self-exams and they are the best tool we have to catch cancer early, and catching it early is how we beat it.
Is "mamming" ingenious or just plain silly? Or are yousStill not sure? The video below may help.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.