Osweiler confident ASU can compete for title
PHOENIX - ASU starting quarterback Brock Osweiler isn't backing down from recent comments he made about the Sun Devils striving to make it to the Sugar Bowl and compete for a National Championship this season.
"We have very high expectations. I did say the Sugar Bowl and I still stand by that," said Osweiler on the Sports 620 KTAR's Gambo and Ash show on Wednesday.
ASU is a team picked by many publications and experts as a dark horse candidate to surprise the college football world.
Osweiler is firmly on the bandwagon saying the Sun Devils will be in the thick of the battle for the Pac-12 title.
"Our main slogan right now at ASU is, "It's time," and I firmly believe in that. We got a new logo and uniforms. We got a new swag and a team that's ready to make a push for everything."
"Now, it's just time for us to go out there and make all that happen," said Osweiler.
For a team in ASU that didn't even make it to a bowl game last season, it sounds like pretty heady talk so let's hope Osweiler is able to back it up or else there will be a lot of disappointed fans in Tempe this season.
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 14Patterson talks to the guys about the Territorial Cup & scheduling with Notre Dame Football
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 7Patterson talks to Doug & Wolf about the state of Sun Devil Athletics
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 2Doug and Wolf talk to Patterson about the latest news coming out of the Pac-12 meetings.
- Brandon Magee , Former ASU Linebacker - Wednesday May 1Doug & Wolf ask Brandon Magee about signing with the Cowboys after going undrafted.