Updated Oct 14, 2011 - 3:38 pm
ASU's Osweiler would be a first round pick right now
A mobile 6-foot-8, Osweiler is now on the radars of NFL scouts.
"Up in Minnesota a pro personnel man told me ‘Brock Osweiler's got my attention, he has got my attention,'" Arizona Sports 620's Ron Wolfley said.
Wolfley said the Cardinals scouts are also fond of the junior, and if the Sun Devils win Saturday in Eugene and Osweiler's star keeps rising, the question will turn from if he can play in the NFL to whether he'll he stay in Tempe for his senior season.
Because, as Wolfley says, the QB would go in the first round of the draft if it were held right now.
"Christian Ponder was taken No. 12 overall," Wolfley said. "That's because of the state of the quarterback position in the National Football League."
Wolfley contends that while Osweiler is a good prospect, the idea that he'd be a first round pick says more about teams and their desire to find a franchise QB than it does the player's ability, at least right now.
"I just think it speaks to the state of the quarterback position in the National Football League and how desperate teams are to find that guy they can build a team around," he said.
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.