Updated Nov 1, 2011 - 3:12 pm
ASU won't let L.A. be a distraction
"I think it can be a distraction if you let it be," said Erickson. "We won't let it be because we're not going down there in time for it to be a distraction."
Senior safety Clint Floyd is looking forward to the trip. "It will be fun. My family is there." Floyd went to L.A.'s Crenshaw High School.
"Half of the team is from California so I think that will be a boost for us," he added. "It will be pretty much like a home game for us. We'll be pretty jacked for that."
ASU did not fare well in its last trip to L.A. in 2009, losing 23-13.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.