Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 2:43 pm
Another opponent comments on Burfict
They didn't hold their tongues.
"I'll drill him," offensive tackle Matt Kalil said.
Quarterback Matt Barkley referred to Burfict as a "dirty player"--a tactic that drew a reprimand from the Pac-12. Burfict intercepted Barkley at a key point of ASU's 43-22 win over the Trojans.
Now, it's a UCLA Bruin who's taking aim at Burfict days before the two teams meet at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
"He's another guy," junior tight end Joseph Fauria said. "I played him in high school, I don't think he's anything special at all."
Fauria did go on to say, "I'm not going to knock him, he's a great player."
So, which is it?
The timing is interesting if nothing else. Burfict played arguably his best game of the season last Saturday in a win over Colorado, registering 9 total tackles. Burfict was also in on three of four tackles during a third quarter goal line stand.
In case you're wondering, Fauria is the Bruins' 2nd- leading receiver on the year, catching 16 balls for 231 yards and four touchdowns.
- Sun Devils hold Pro Day in front of big NFL contingent
- ASU head coach Todd Graham not concerned about loss of talent on defense
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- NFL analyst on ASU DT Will Sutton: 'He's going to be a player in the NFL'
- Maybe defenses do need a break from fast-paced O
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.