Another opponent comments on Burfict
They didn't hold their tongues.
"I'll drill him," offensive tackle Matt Kalil said.
Quarterback Matt Barkley referred to Burfict as a "dirty player"--a tactic that drew a reprimand from the Pac-12. Burfict intercepted Barkley at a key point of ASU's 43-22 win over the Trojans.
Now, it's a UCLA Bruin who's taking aim at Burfict days before the two teams meet at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
"He's another guy," junior tight end Joseph Fauria said. "I played him in high school, I don't think he's anything special at all."
Fauria did go on to say, "I'm not going to knock him, he's a great player."
So, which is it?
The timing is interesting if nothing else. Burfict played arguably his best game of the season last Saturday in a win over Colorado, registering 9 total tackles. Burfict was also in on three of four tackles during a third quarter goal line stand.
In case you're wondering, Fauria is the Bruins' 2nd- leading receiver on the year, catching 16 balls for 231 yards and four touchdowns.
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works