Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 2:43 pm
Another opponent comments on Burfict
They didn't hold their tongues.
"I'll drill him," offensive tackle Matt Kalil said.
Quarterback Matt Barkley referred to Burfict as a "dirty player"--a tactic that drew a reprimand from the Pac-12. Burfict intercepted Barkley at a key point of ASU's 43-22 win over the Trojans.
Now, it's a UCLA Bruin who's taking aim at Burfict days before the two teams meet at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
"He's another guy," junior tight end Joseph Fauria said. "I played him in high school, I don't think he's anything special at all."
Fauria did go on to say, "I'm not going to knock him, he's a great player."
So, which is it?
The timing is interesting if nothing else. Burfict played arguably his best game of the season last Saturday in a win over Colorado, registering 9 total tackles. Burfict was also in on three of four tackles during a third quarter goal line stand.
In case you're wondering, Fauria is the Bruins' 2nd- leading receiver on the year, catching 16 balls for 231 yards and four touchdowns.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.