Updated Nov 4, 2011 - 2:43 pm
Another opponent comments on Burfict
They didn't hold their tongues.
"I'll drill him," offensive tackle Matt Kalil said.
Quarterback Matt Barkley referred to Burfict as a "dirty player"--a tactic that drew a reprimand from the Pac-12. Burfict intercepted Barkley at a key point of ASU's 43-22 win over the Trojans.
Now, it's a UCLA Bruin who's taking aim at Burfict days before the two teams meet at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
"He's another guy," junior tight end Joseph Fauria said. "I played him in high school, I don't think he's anything special at all."
Fauria did go on to say, "I'm not going to knock him, he's a great player."
So, which is it?
The timing is interesting if nothing else. Burfict played arguably his best game of the season last Saturday in a win over Colorado, registering 9 total tackles. Burfict was also in on three of four tackles during a third quarter goal line stand.
In case you're wondering, Fauria is the Bruins' 2nd- leading receiver on the year, catching 16 balls for 231 yards and four touchdowns.
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.