Updated Nov 27, 2011 - 5:26 pm
Erickson may not be the only thing out at ASU
It sounds like there's going to be more than one head rolling at Arizona State on Monday.
The Associated Press reported Sunday, that head coach Dennis Erickson will be removed from the program and rightfully so, considering his football team blew numerous chances to take control of the Pac-12 South and dropped four games in a row.
However, Calvisi later tweeted that ASU should not hold back the news about Erickson's expected dismissal nor the calling for a press conference because there could be much bigger news coming out of ASU:
A shakeup of the entire ASU Athletics department.
It may seem rash but, considering how far ASU football was expected to go this year, it doesn't surprise. The program is now looking at going to a low-level bowl that won't bring in a lot of money or encourage fans to pack up their bags to see their team.
Love has come under harsh criticism at times this season, thanks to her continuous support of Erickson and her handling of numerous other things, including a baseball program that was forced to vacate wins and violated numerous NCAA rules.
While all of this is yet to be confirmed or announced, it seems like a shakeup at ASU is not only inevitable, but is going to be much larger than originally thought.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.