Updated Nov 27, 2011 - 5:26 pm
Erickson may not be the only thing out at ASU
It sounds like there's going to be more than one head rolling at Arizona State on Monday.
The Associated Press reported Sunday, that head coach Dennis Erickson will be removed from the program and rightfully so, considering his football team blew numerous chances to take control of the Pac-12 South and dropped four games in a row.
However, Calvisi later tweeted that ASU should not hold back the news about Erickson's expected dismissal nor the calling for a press conference because there could be much bigger news coming out of ASU:
A shakeup of the entire ASU Athletics department.
It may seem rash but, considering how far ASU football was expected to go this year, it doesn't surprise. The program is now looking at going to a low-level bowl that won't bring in a lot of money or encourage fans to pack up their bags to see their team.
Love has come under harsh criticism at times this season, thanks to her continuous support of Erickson and her handling of numerous other things, including a baseball program that was forced to vacate wins and violated numerous NCAA rules.
While all of this is yet to be confirmed or announced, it seems like a shakeup at ASU is not only inevitable, but is going to be much larger than originally thought.
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Arizona State dips in national polls after loss to Stanford in Pac-12 Championship
- Fork Report: Devils dominated in Pac-12 Championship Game
- Saturday's loss certainly hurts, but for ASU, this is the ground floor
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition