Updated Nov 27, 2011 - 5:26 pm
Erickson may not be the only thing out at ASU
It sounds like there's going to be more than one head rolling at Arizona State on Monday.
The Associated Press reported Sunday, that head coach Dennis Erickson will be removed from the program and rightfully so, considering his football team blew numerous chances to take control of the Pac-12 South and dropped four games in a row.
However, Calvisi later tweeted that ASU should not hold back the news about Erickson's expected dismissal nor the calling for a press conference because there could be much bigger news coming out of ASU:
A shakeup of the entire ASU Athletics department.
It may seem rash but, considering how far ASU football was expected to go this year, it doesn't surprise. The program is now looking at going to a low-level bowl that won't bring in a lot of money or encourage fans to pack up their bags to see their team.
Love has come under harsh criticism at times this season, thanks to her continuous support of Erickson and her handling of numerous other things, including a baseball program that was forced to vacate wins and violated numerous NCAA rules.
While all of this is yet to be confirmed or announced, it seems like a shakeup at ASU is not only inevitable, but is going to be much larger than originally thought.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.