Updated Nov 27, 2011 - 5:26 pm
Erickson may not be the only thing out at ASU
It sounds like there's going to be more than one head rolling at Arizona State on Monday.
The Associated Press reported Sunday, that head coach Dennis Erickson will be removed from the program and rightfully so, considering his football team blew numerous chances to take control of the Pac-12 South and dropped four games in a row.
However, Calvisi later tweeted that ASU should not hold back the news about Erickson's expected dismissal nor the calling for a press conference because there could be much bigger news coming out of ASU:
A shakeup of the entire ASU Athletics department.
It may seem rash but, considering how far ASU football was expected to go this year, it doesn't surprise. The program is now looking at going to a low-level bowl that won't bring in a lot of money or encourage fans to pack up their bags to see their team.
Love has come under harsh criticism at times this season, thanks to her continuous support of Erickson and her handling of numerous other things, including a baseball program that was forced to vacate wins and violated numerous NCAA rules.
While all of this is yet to be confirmed or announced, it seems like a shakeup at ASU is not only inevitable, but is going to be much larger than originally thought.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!