Updated Feb 3, 2011 - 10:19 am
Is Marc Bulger the answer at quarterback?
Is Marc Bulger on his way to the desert and ready to make a comeback similar to the one Kurt Warner had with the Arizona Cardinals? If you're to believe D'Marco Farr, St. Louis Rams' color analyst, it sure sounds like it.
Farr was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf show Thursday morning and had nothing but praise for the former Rams starter who spent 2010 as a backup with the Baltimore Ravens.
"I think he's a great quarterback," the analyst said. "I've always said this. He has the same instincts, the same mind [as Kurt Warner]. Now he's not the same quarterback as Kurt Warner, but they were trained by the same guy. They look at defenses the same way. I think it'd be a tremendous upgrade."
"As far as being able to pick apart a defense, [he can do it] if you give him time," Farr said. "If you have a strong running game and a good defense Marc Bulger can be just barely below elite in this league."
Those two areas weren't exactly the Cardinals strong suits in 2010. The team finished 32nd in the NFL in rushing and had a defense that gave up the third most points in the league.
After a season of watching Derek Anderson under center, fans grew accustom to a fiery quarterback both on and off the field. If Bulger winds up in Arizona, don't expect that type of leadership.
"What he's not going to give you on the field is that ‘ra-ra' tough guy attitude," Farr said. "It's going to be the same even keeled guy interception or touchdown. That's what turned a lot of people off here in St. Louis. Some people just want a little more emotion from that number one guy."
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Arizona Cardinals sign free agent tight end John Carlson
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!