Updated Feb 3, 2011 - 10:19 am
Is Marc Bulger the answer at quarterback?
Is Marc Bulger on his way to the desert and ready to make a comeback similar to the one Kurt Warner had with the Arizona Cardinals? If you're to believe D'Marco Farr, St. Louis Rams' color analyst, it sure sounds like it.
Farr was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf show Thursday morning and had nothing but praise for the former Rams starter who spent 2010 as a backup with the Baltimore Ravens.
"I think he's a great quarterback," the analyst said. "I've always said this. He has the same instincts, the same mind [as Kurt Warner]. Now he's not the same quarterback as Kurt Warner, but they were trained by the same guy. They look at defenses the same way. I think it'd be a tremendous upgrade."
"As far as being able to pick apart a defense, [he can do it] if you give him time," Farr said. "If you have a strong running game and a good defense Marc Bulger can be just barely below elite in this league."
Those two areas weren't exactly the Cardinals strong suits in 2010. The team finished 32nd in the NFL in rushing and had a defense that gave up the third most points in the league.
After a season of watching Derek Anderson under center, fans grew accustom to a fiery quarterback both on and off the field. If Bulger winds up in Arizona, don't expect that type of leadership.
"What he's not going to give you on the field is that ‘ra-ra' tough guy attitude," Farr said. "It's going to be the same even keeled guy interception or touchdown. That's what turned a lot of people off here in St. Louis. Some people just want a little more emotion from that number one guy."
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves