Updated Feb 3, 2011 - 10:19 am
Is Marc Bulger the answer at quarterback?
Is Marc Bulger on his way to the desert and ready to make a comeback similar to the one Kurt Warner had with the Arizona Cardinals? If you're to believe D'Marco Farr, St. Louis Rams' color analyst, it sure sounds like it.
Farr was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf show Thursday morning and had nothing but praise for the former Rams starter who spent 2010 as a backup with the Baltimore Ravens.
"I think he's a great quarterback," the analyst said. "I've always said this. He has the same instincts, the same mind [as Kurt Warner]. Now he's not the same quarterback as Kurt Warner, but they were trained by the same guy. They look at defenses the same way. I think it'd be a tremendous upgrade."
"As far as being able to pick apart a defense, [he can do it] if you give him time," Farr said. "If you have a strong running game and a good defense Marc Bulger can be just barely below elite in this league."
Those two areas weren't exactly the Cardinals strong suits in 2010. The team finished 32nd in the NFL in rushing and had a defense that gave up the third most points in the league.
After a season of watching Derek Anderson under center, fans grew accustom to a fiery quarterback both on and off the field. If Bulger winds up in Arizona, don't expect that type of leadership.
"What he's not going to give you on the field is that ‘ra-ra' tough guy attitude," Farr said. "It's going to be the same even keeled guy interception or touchdown. That's what turned a lot of people off here in St. Louis. Some people just want a little more emotion from that number one guy."
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?