Updated Feb 3, 2011 - 10:19 am
Is Marc Bulger the answer at quarterback?
Is Marc Bulger on his way to the desert and ready to make a comeback similar to the one Kurt Warner had with the Arizona Cardinals? If you're to believe D'Marco Farr, St. Louis Rams' color analyst, it sure sounds like it.
Farr was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf show Thursday morning and had nothing but praise for the former Rams starter who spent 2010 as a backup with the Baltimore Ravens.
"I think he's a great quarterback," the analyst said. "I've always said this. He has the same instincts, the same mind [as Kurt Warner]. Now he's not the same quarterback as Kurt Warner, but they were trained by the same guy. They look at defenses the same way. I think it'd be a tremendous upgrade."
"As far as being able to pick apart a defense, [he can do it] if you give him time," Farr said. "If you have a strong running game and a good defense Marc Bulger can be just barely below elite in this league."
Those two areas weren't exactly the Cardinals strong suits in 2010. The team finished 32nd in the NFL in rushing and had a defense that gave up the third most points in the league.
After a season of watching Derek Anderson under center, fans grew accustom to a fiery quarterback both on and off the field. If Bulger winds up in Arizona, don't expect that type of leadership.
"What he's not going to give you on the field is that ‘ra-ra' tough guy attitude," Farr said. "It's going to be the same even keeled guy interception or touchdown. That's what turned a lot of people off here in St. Louis. Some people just want a little more emotion from that number one guy."
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.