Is Marc Bulger the answer at quarterback?
Is Marc Bulger on his way to the desert and ready to make a comeback similar to the one Kurt Warner had with the Arizona Cardinals? If you're to believe D'Marco Farr, St. Louis Rams' color analyst, it sure sounds like it.
Farr was a guest on Sports 620 KTAR's Doug and Wolf show Thursday morning and had nothing but praise for the former Rams starter who spent 2010 as a backup with the Baltimore Ravens.
"I think he's a great quarterback," the analyst said. "I've always said this. He has the same instincts, the same mind [as Kurt Warner]. Now he's not the same quarterback as Kurt Warner, but they were trained by the same guy. They look at defenses the same way. I think it'd be a tremendous upgrade."
"As far as being able to pick apart a defense, [he can do it] if you give him time," Farr said. "If you have a strong running game and a good defense Marc Bulger can be just barely below elite in this league."
Those two areas weren't exactly the Cardinals strong suits in 2010. The team finished 32nd in the NFL in rushing and had a defense that gave up the third most points in the league.
After a season of watching Derek Anderson under center, fans grew accustom to a fiery quarterback both on and off the field. If Bulger winds up in Arizona, don't expect that type of leadership.
"What he's not going to give you on the field is that ‘ra-ra' tough guy attitude," Farr said. "It's going to be the same even keeled guy interception or touchdown. That's what turned a lot of people off here in St. Louis. Some people just want a little more emotion from that number one guy."
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br