Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:15 am
Cardinals turning attention to defense?
Much of the talk lately has been about the Cardinals perceived interest in Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert.
Real or imagined, the idea of the Cards selecting a QB with the number five pick just more than a week from today is an exciting, if not a bit nerve-wracking, possibility.
However, in true Helen Lovejoy fashion, the question has been posed: Won't somebody please think of the defense?
It appears the answer to that question may be yes.
Of course, their interest in Texas A&M's Von Miller has been well documented, but LSU's Patrick Peterson and North Carolina's Robert Quinn have not been linked to the desert by too many people.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen knows a thing or two, though, and if he's thinking the Cards are leaning towards one of those three it means the team must not be too enamored with the offensive players they expect to be available when their pick comes up. Or maybe they just want to improve a defense that ranked 29th in the NFL last season, allowing 27.1 points and 373.6 yards per game.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.