Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:15 am
Cardinals turning attention to defense?
Much of the talk lately has been about the Cardinals perceived interest in Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert.
Real or imagined, the idea of the Cards selecting a QB with the number five pick just more than a week from today is an exciting, if not a bit nerve-wracking, possibility.
However, in true Helen Lovejoy fashion, the question has been posed: Won't somebody please think of the defense?
It appears the answer to that question may be yes.
Of course, their interest in Texas A&M's Von Miller has been well documented, but LSU's Patrick Peterson and North Carolina's Robert Quinn have not been linked to the desert by too many people.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen knows a thing or two, though, and if he's thinking the Cards are leaning towards one of those three it means the team must not be too enamored with the offensive players they expect to be available when their pick comes up. Or maybe they just want to improve a defense that ranked 29th in the NFL last season, allowing 27.1 points and 373.6 yards per game.
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.