Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:15 am
Cardinals turning attention to defense?
Much of the talk lately has been about the Cardinals perceived interest in Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert.
Real or imagined, the idea of the Cards selecting a QB with the number five pick just more than a week from today is an exciting, if not a bit nerve-wracking, possibility.
However, in true Helen Lovejoy fashion, the question has been posed: Won't somebody please think of the defense?
It appears the answer to that question may be yes.
Of course, their interest in Texas A&M's Von Miller has been well documented, but LSU's Patrick Peterson and North Carolina's Robert Quinn have not been linked to the desert by too many people.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen knows a thing or two, though, and if he's thinking the Cards are leaning towards one of those three it means the team must not be too enamored with the offensive players they expect to be available when their pick comes up. Or maybe they just want to improve a defense that ranked 29th in the NFL last season, allowing 27.1 points and 373.6 yards per game.
- Arizona Cardinals: Wins meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Dave Pasch, Cardinals radio announcer - Friday December 13Pasch gives his thoughts on this weekend's Cardinals game against the Titans.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.