Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:15 am
Cardinals turning attention to defense?
Much of the talk lately has been about the Cardinals perceived interest in Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert.
Real or imagined, the idea of the Cards selecting a QB with the number five pick just more than a week from today is an exciting, if not a bit nerve-wracking, possibility.
However, in true Helen Lovejoy fashion, the question has been posed: Won't somebody please think of the defense?
It appears the answer to that question may be yes.
Of course, their interest in Texas A&M's Von Miller has been well documented, but LSU's Patrick Peterson and North Carolina's Robert Quinn have not been linked to the desert by too many people.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen knows a thing or two, though, and if he's thinking the Cards are leaning towards one of those three it means the team must not be too enamored with the offensive players they expect to be available when their pick comes up. Or maybe they just want to improve a defense that ranked 29th in the NFL last season, allowing 27.1 points and 373.6 yards per game.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.