Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:59 am
Kolb trade could include future picks
If the Cardinals are planning on swinging a deal for Kevin Kolb, they may be able to land the QB without giving up a pick in this year's draft.
That means the team could keep the number five pick.
As a guest of Howard Eskin's on WIP in Philadelphia, Reid said, among other things, that unless a trade is made before the draft any trade would have to include future picks.
"It's OK if it's in a year, we've done those things before," he said. "It's what that compensation is.
"It doesn't have to be a right now thing."
So, Kolb's rumored salary demands notwithstanding, the cost in simply acquiring the 26-year-old may be a little less than what was once thought.
Does that make him more attractive to a team like the Cardinals? Probably, because if Kolb is in fact the quarterback the team is searching for then any pick(s) in next year's draft are not likely to be as valuable as a selection following a season where the team went 5-11.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.