Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:59 am
Kolb trade could include future picks
If the Cardinals are planning on swinging a deal for Kevin Kolb, they may be able to land the QB without giving up a pick in this year's draft.
That means the team could keep the number five pick.
As a guest of Howard Eskin's on WIP in Philadelphia, Reid said, among other things, that unless a trade is made before the draft any trade would have to include future picks.
"It's OK if it's in a year, we've done those things before," he said. "It's what that compensation is.
"It doesn't have to be a right now thing."
So, Kolb's rumored salary demands notwithstanding, the cost in simply acquiring the 26-year-old may be a little less than what was once thought.
Does that make him more attractive to a team like the Cardinals? Probably, because if Kolb is in fact the quarterback the team is searching for then any pick(s) in next year's draft are not likely to be as valuable as a selection following a season where the team went 5-11.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.