Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:59 am
Kolb trade could include future picks
If the Cardinals are planning on swinging a deal for Kevin Kolb, they may be able to land the QB without giving up a pick in this year's draft.
That means the team could keep the number five pick.
As a guest of Howard Eskin's on WIP in Philadelphia, Reid said, among other things, that unless a trade is made before the draft any trade would have to include future picks.
"It's OK if it's in a year, we've done those things before," he said. "It's what that compensation is.
"It doesn't have to be a right now thing."
So, Kolb's rumored salary demands notwithstanding, the cost in simply acquiring the 26-year-old may be a little less than what was once thought.
Does that make him more attractive to a team like the Cardinals? Probably, because if Kolb is in fact the quarterback the team is searching for then any pick(s) in next year's draft are not likely to be as valuable as a selection following a season where the team went 5-11.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.