Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:59 am
Kolb trade could include future picks
If the Cardinals are planning on swinging a deal for Kevin Kolb, they may be able to land the QB without giving up a pick in this year's draft.
That means the team could keep the number five pick.
As a guest of Howard Eskin's on WIP in Philadelphia, Reid said, among other things, that unless a trade is made before the draft any trade would have to include future picks.
"It's OK if it's in a year, we've done those things before," he said. "It's what that compensation is.
"It doesn't have to be a right now thing."
So, Kolb's rumored salary demands notwithstanding, the cost in simply acquiring the 26-year-old may be a little less than what was once thought.
Does that make him more attractive to a team like the Cardinals? Probably, because if Kolb is in fact the quarterback the team is searching for then any pick(s) in next year's draft are not likely to be as valuable as a selection following a season where the team went 5-11.
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?