Updated Apr 19, 2011 - 10:59 am
Kolb trade could include future picks
If the Cardinals are planning on swinging a deal for Kevin Kolb, they may be able to land the QB without giving up a pick in this year's draft.
That means the team could keep the number five pick.
As a guest of Howard Eskin's on WIP in Philadelphia, Reid said, among other things, that unless a trade is made before the draft any trade would have to include future picks.
"It's OK if it's in a year, we've done those things before," he said. "It's what that compensation is.
"It doesn't have to be a right now thing."
So, Kolb's rumored salary demands notwithstanding, the cost in simply acquiring the 26-year-old may be a little less than what was once thought.
Does that make him more attractive to a team like the Cardinals? Probably, because if Kolb is in fact the quarterback the team is searching for then any pick(s) in next year's draft are not likely to be as valuable as a selection following a season where the team went 5-11.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.